Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the search bar below to find the answers to our frequently asked questions or click the categories to view all of them.
If you can’t find the answer you are looking for send in your question here and we will get it answered directly to you and upload it to the site to help out everyone else.
- Am I covered flying at night?
- Am I covered for flying overwater?
- Am I covered for theft?
- Am I covered whilst my drone is flying?
- Are there any restrictions for flying over high-risk areas or flying indoors at all?
- Are you authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland?
- Can I add a new drone on to my policy?
- Can I fly in another country?
- Can I have more than one authorised operator on one policy?
- Can I insure more than one drone?
- Can you insure model aircraft?
- Does the Droneguard insurance policy fully comply with EU regulation (EC) 785/2004?
- How do I cancel my policy?
- How do I make changes to my policy?
- How many hours can I fly per year?
- How much does drone insurance cost?
- What are the benefits of having a higher public liability limit?
- What are the excluded territories that you do not provide cover for?
- What is a drone and what’s the difference between a drone, UAV, UAS and RPAS?
- What is drone insurance?
- What is EU regulation (EC) 785/2004?
- What level of public liability do I need?
- What type of drone business insurance do I need?
- When can I start my policy?
- Why do I need public liability insurance?